How to Hire a Good Ecommerce Website Designer
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Ecommerce Web Design and other Shopping Cart topics.
How can you find a good ecommerce website designer?
A well designed ecommerce site means more sales and higher profits. Here are a few tips to help you choose an ecommerce website designer:
- Experience as a website designer is important, but it's just as important that the designer has experience designing ecommerce sites.
- The designer will make sure that the content of your site integrates seamlessly with the shopping cart programs. He or she can make recommendations on the software and databases you may need to incorporate to make the customer's experience a positive one.
- Examples can show you what the ecommerce website designer has done previously and you can get an idea of the types of sites he or she has created. Pretty pictures and graphics are important but don't let special effects, flash or videos get in the way of the functionality of your ecommerce site.
- Ask if the design work and coding will be completed in house or whether the work will be outsourced. Outsourcing is often used to allow the designers to accept more work than their staff can accommodate. That's fine as long as the outsourcing staff is qualified and will adhere to the schedule for the completion of the design.
- References should be checked. It's surprising how many times the assumption is made that the references wouldn't be provided if they weren't real. Ask for contact names, company names, telephone number or emails as well as the URL of the site designed for the client. Then follow through and talk with the reference.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.