Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Merchant Accounts and other Shopping Cart topics.
If you're looking for a model of a total online sales solution that integrates an ecommerce shopping cart with effective sales and marketing tools, Amazon.com is a great example. If you've shopped regularly at Amazon.com, you've likely noticed some or all of the following:
* Amazon.com makes shopping suggestions based on previous shopping patterns.
* Amazon.com's ecommerce shopping cart remembers items you put in the cart but didn't buy on previous visits.
* Amazon.com sends opt-in emails to customers suggesting purchases based on previous shopping patterns.
* Amazon.com has an effective and well-known affiliate sales program.
* Amazon.com uses electronic coupons directly integrated into the ecommerce shopping cart.
* Amazon.com allows anyone to submit reviews and comments about products to create an effective consumer review bank.
Amazon has spent millions developing custom tools. But most of these applications described above can also be purchased as part of a small business online sales solution, often as integrated parts of an overall hosted ecommerce package. So Amazon is a great model to study as you attempt to build your own online sales solution.